We are here to help you throughout the pandemic. In this section:
- Covid-19 framework and support tools for practices
- Videos, posters and training
- Employment law and health and safety support
- Enhanced support and care
- Quick links to official Covid-19 guidance
Covid-19 framework and support tools for practices
We have created this flow diagram for you to work through four stages to providing safer care throughout the pandemic.
You can also access all the resources independently below:
- Covid-19 framework for community audiology providers
- Staff - screening flow diagram/questions
- Patients - screening questions
- Standard precautions summary and training log
- Standard precautions poster
- Cleaning and disinfecting at a glance
- PPE at a glance
- Risk assessment template
- Additional considerations for face-to-face care
Videos, posters and training
You can access free resources from trusted sources relevant to where you are based below. The resources include links to posters, videos and training material.
- Handwashing poster landscape and portrait
- HEE free training module: Infection Prevention and Control - Level 2.
- HEE support: Helping mental health and wellbeing
You can also use this handwashing video for staff training
HSC Public Health Agency provides the following resources:
NHS inform aids communication by publishing clinically approved guidance. The guidance includes posters, videos and other useful material. It also offers some of these resources in different languages.
- Access the NHS inform Covid-19 communications toolkit
You can also get high-quality NHS Scotland posters to aid:
The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges has produced 'Covid-19 Mental health and wellbeing for healthcare professionals'. It covers top tips on self-care and other support.
NHS 24 also provides advice in this video:
Employment law and health and safety support
As a member, you can sign up to the Coronavirus Advice Hub for sample letters, policies, risk assessments, FAQs and additional guidance documents.
You can also access additional support by emailing us at [email protected] or phoning 01244 687 602.
Enhanced support and care
Whether you are an individual practitioner, manager, or provider organisation, we know this is an incredibly difficult time for you. That is why a senior member of the NCHA team will be on hand to help members seven days a week during this phase of the pandemic. Please contact us by email at [email protected] for out of office hours advice and support.
Official advice is updated regularly and notified through member alerts. The links below will enable you to keep up to date between member alerts and updates
- AIHHP, BAA, BSHAA, BSA – Audiology and otology guidance during Covid-19
- ENT UK – A graduated return to the provision of elective ENT services during the Covid-19 pandemic
Government and public health advice
- England: Government and Public Health England
- Northern Ireland: Government and HSC Public Health Agency
- Scotland: Government and Health Protection Scotland
- Wales: Government and Public Health Wales
Health service advice
- NHS England: Primary care and SOP for NHS Standard Contract holders
- Health Service Northern Ireland: NA – see HSC Public Health Agency above
- NHS Scotland: Primary care and secondary care
- NHS Wales: NA – see Public Health Wales above
People at increased risk and the extremely vulnerable
There are two different high-risk groups for Covid-19. Those at an increased risk of severe illness and the extremely vulnerable who are at the greatest risk of severe illness.
- England: clinically vulnerable people and clinically extremely vulnerable people
- Northern Ireland: people considered vulnerable and extremely vulnerable
- Scotland: people at higher risk and extremely high risk
- Wales: people at increased risk and the extremely vulnerable